Let Google find what you seek~

Custom Search

Friday, December 04, 2009

Perth Trip Dec 09 (Part 1)

Hi all!! Since I haven't updated anything I guess I wouldn't have some many people reading my blog. Sorry guys I have been busy with work. Wait a minute, I don't think that's quite accurate. I should have say that I actually got carried away with it. That's why I was quite glad to be on this vacation trip, it's such a relief~~ Thanks to Mama & Papa =)

Let's just get down to the details. I have decided to update this blog as often as possible sort of like a travel journal. It will be day by day and hopes u guys have fun following me.

Day 1

After all the hustle and bustle, we arrived at Perth Airport around 3pm. My dear brother, Ashraf (a.k.a Asro in our family) picked us up around 5pm and we headed straight to his house. He's sharing the house with 3 other roommates; Smap, Roy another guy I don't know (he's back to Malaysia I think, my parent is staying in his room). They're all very nice and kind people. I have to say their house look quite nice; single storey in a sub-urbanish area. Weird thing about the sandy (yes sandy) lawn in front. I don't see any beach near here.

After resting for a bit, we went out and bought some suplies from the local supermarket, Target and Woolworth. We're stocking up for our road trip to Albany! 'To Albany and back' an epic tale by Frodo Baggins. I can imagine it just like that. Anyway, I haven't took any picture yet as my phone won't work without a sim card and I'm pretty sure I don't want to turn it on with my Celcom sim card. Sorry boss, I on holiday and will be MIA (Missing In an Adventure). I bought an Optus prepaid and paid like AUD30 recharge (AUD4 for the sim card alone). After some thought I think I overpaid cos I won't be using it that much over here, but I believe it's ok as I got like AUD300 worth of 'value' (explaination later) by topping up AUD30 straight on first recharge. I dunno, I guess I just need to text my wife to inform that 'I have arrived all well 10 fingers 10 toes here in Perth, don't you worry dear'. It's important ;)

Anyway, after buying tons of stuff (not sure how it will fit in the trunk) we went out to Makan2 Cafe here in Perth for dinner and my dad 'spend' my brother's housemates dinner as a gesture for letting us crash their place. We got back and sleep aound 11pm-ish. To my fellow UK friends Makan2 Cafe is like Edgware Rd's Nahar. Although the food is nice, it just can't beat Nahar (sorry lil brother, I am die hard ex-Londoner =P ).

Anyway, it was a lovely first day and I'll make sure I put up some photo soon for your viewing. Sorry haven't got pix for 1st day but I shall post whatever I have so far. Till then Hooroo Mate!

No comments: