Let Google find what you seek~

Custom Search

Monday, May 29, 2006

travelling and food.....

I lurve food.....my obsession with food started way back. One time in school ,we were filling in this survey on healthy eating... one of the question was "kite hidup untuk makan atau makan untuk hidup?" I answered "hidup untuk makan". My family shares this obsession (especially my sister). We would watch food documentaries, or travel food shows on the documentary channel on astro and just look ( if only we can taste) at such glorious food around the world.

That is why, everytime I travel, I would make a point to eat the food that the country/ place is famous for...The ones I've had are

Spain: churros (deep fried pastry mkn with very thick chocolate drink..yummm..for breakfast) and paella

Italy: ice cream, fresh seafood ( we had ikan sebelah, swordfish, monkfish (best fish in d world!!! ..after ikan terubok of course)), pasta, pizza...

Bruges, Belgium: belgian chocolate, belgian waffles
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Paris: ice cream... pastriess...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In London, I can never forget the hot thick chocolate drink sold on portobello road in winter... yummmyyyy.. and the pastries from Paul's especially the macaroons or the fish and chip from Mr Fish.

And there're also the simple homemade desserts , banana with homemade chocolate cadbury sauce, the simple yet delicious strawberry and cream, strawberry trifle with fresh custard and fresh cream... yess i lurve cream.. single cream or double cream.. they make great desserts

Bile dah balik nanti, all this will be hard to come by, less travelling, no more fresh cream, but I'm sure I'll be ok because there's always, mum's cooking, kuey teow at 'lah wan', Holmest in Tmn Tun , mamak stalls, roti canai, warong food.... ABC!!!!!... so yes....I will always have delicious food around me wherever I go.

The food lover;
Awanis

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes..ikan terubuk is the best.. haha~

nuestra familia said...

hmm.. what is it with Sarawakian and ikan terubuk?

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»